What sets me aside from others week 12

When it comes to Graphic Design work that I personally do, I like to think that I have my own style and that shows through my work.  Whenever you look at anything that's made in the world, most people don't think about someone actually having to design that from there own brains.  The normal human doesn't think that too far into the person that made their favorite soda look like it does.  If you were to ask someone what a coke bottle looks like they could describe it to you without a problem, but when that same person is asked if they could name the person that made it look like that, maybe twenty-five people total could answer that question.  So being the designer I am, I always wanted to make something that everyone knows, and that I'm known for as well.  While lots of people ion this world are Graphic Designers, a lot of people just do the basic designs for shampoo bottles and spray cans.  Everyone and their mother know what these look like, but that isn't enough for me.  I want to design something in my life that changes people's look at the way they buy products.  I think that packaging is half the battle when it comes to products.  Even if the product isn't that good, the packaging could be killer and people will give it a show.  keeping people buying that product relies on both killer packaging and a killer product, and that's exactly what I would love and capable of doing.

The way that I design things, I always have that in the back of my mind, "would I buy this product for myself" and when I finish a project or design, I always stand back and ask this question.  I feel like that's one thing that separates me from other graphic designers. I also like to think I have a certain "eye for designing.  Before I started school I was a graphic designer at a small local company in my hometown.  When I started at this place, I had no prior experience besides drawing and having a very low-grade photoshop class in high school.  Being able to jump right into the business without having any problems gave me the confidence that I have today when it comes to designing.  Most of that confidence came from designing the t-shirts for my hometown's local fall festival.  I made these designs since 2006 when I was in high school and seeing all of my friends and people that I knew wearing my designs made me want to pursue graphic design even more.  It instilled a new confidence that I didn't know that I ever had.  These shirts got so popular that I started making custom designs every year and they were selling more than 1200 a year!  Knowing that all of these people were going to be wearing and owning something that I put my time in helping me grow as an artist and realize what the general public liked and didn't like.

Comments

Popular Posts