Influences on my style week 3

When it comes to my graphic design style and influences, there are a lot of things that can be accredited for that.  Since I was a very young age I've always been drawing on random papers and messing around on computers.  whenever I found out it was possible to mix the two things together and make graphic design I was hooked.  when I was seventeen I had a "graphic design" class in high school that was mostly teaching photoshop from a teacher that didn't really have a clue what was going on.  I moved forward to work for a small company in my hometown as the head graphic designer and that's where it all began.  I learned how to do a lot of things in the field and that's how I figured out the style I wanted to portray.  My style has a lot of colors and is more art-based if I have free rain over a project.  Since I've been in school I've been doing a lot of posters and other wall art for clients in my free time.  Doing these projects really helped me figure out the true style that I have and what works for the public.



This is an example of the style that I have when it comes to very graphic based designs and heavy with hand-drawn art.  This was a project where we give a name for an energy drink and then we had to come up with a logo and a style for the can.




This is also another example of some of the artwork that I have created.  This piece was made for a client as a twenty-four by thirty-six poster that was framed and hung in there home.  they really gave me creative freedom with the artwork and I personally feel like that's when I shine.  If I'm allowed to express the way I feel about a certain project, I can really show my true talents.





Even though the style I have is crazier and graphic-heavy, I can also make things look more professional and laid out in a way that shows movement and also presents the data in an engaging way.

In a lot of ways, I am very proud of the style I have started for myself and would like to continue with it.  There is always room for improvement.  When it comes to developing a style its a process that has a lot of parts to it.  Most of the time people do not fall into an art style until halfway thru their career.  I was lucky because my style comes from my surroundings much like most peoples do.  I am very involved with attending concerts and listening to music eighty percent of my day. The style of music I listen too while I'm working on a project affects the way the final project turns out.  The mood of the music has a huge influence on the work that I'm working on at the time.  Once the artwork is finalized I always enjoy looking at the outcome.

Comments

Popular Posts