Youtube Influences week 6

Youtube is a very great source for any designer that is trying to get some insight for designers that are in the business and that have some tips and tricks that they have learned from working with clients over the years.  The number of people on Youtube nowadays talking about their opinions on subjects in mind-blowing.  You can find whatever you could possibly want just by a simple search with the right keywords.  If you are in the market for a new computer or a new product to up your design productivity, youtube should be your best friend.  Whenever I'm in the market for something new I like to do my research.  I usually turn right to Youtube for product reviews.  

ThioJoe is a youtube personality that does reviews on all kinds of products from laptops to drawing pads and anywhere in between.  The reason that I choose his videos is because whenever he reviews a product, he is very insightful with his opinions and provides the information that I am looking for.  He is a graphic designer as well so when it comes to reviewing products, he is also applying to uses that would be helpful for fellow graphic designers.  Without some of the insight I have received from him, I wouldn't have as good of a choice on the laptop and drawing pad that I have purchased.  Youtube is also very good for answering questions that you might have about certain methods of work.  If I am confused about what the best way to go about a project is, I usually go to youtube and search for someone that's done something like it.  

The youtube channel Satori Graphics has hundreds of videos that walk you through the process of certain jobs and also gives you tips and tricks on how to use the program to your full advantage.   Many times if I'm working on a freelance job, I will use his videos to my advantage and freshen up on something I've learned before or used a different method, that I might not have used in the past, to finish the project I'm trying to achieve.  Having these sorts of videos at your dispense anytime you want is great for the designer that is constantly wanting to learn and perfect their craft.  Someone really great at designing is constantly learning even if they think they are the best.  With more and more people in this field making youtube accounts like this, it really helps the community as a whole sharing the insights they have learned from previous experiences and knowing that people have their own way of finishing a project can push others to show how they might have tackled it themselves.

If you want to be a great freelance designer, make sure that you use all of these to your advantage.  Youtube is a great place for information and for learning if you use it the right way.  Using this insight to its full potential can change the way you work and the speed you can complete jobs that otherwise would take you longer to complete.

Comments

Popular Posts